primary application - description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iWillOneDay

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
so in the "Description" part for each activity, do you write a description of what you did (somewhat like resume style, number of hours, blah blah blah even though there is a section where you put those hours in) or write it like a PS (explaining what you learned from it and relate it to why you want to be a physician)?

I've been writing as a general description but I don't really know.

I've read
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...tering-your-work-activities-for-amcas.202513/
(I know it's for AMCAS)
and it seems like it's more of a general description but hearing how people don't include their activities in PS because they will write it in the application, I feel like you write it like how you would write a PS.

Does that make sense to any of you?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
and I know not all activities are related to why you want to be a doctor....

Hey guys,
so in the "Description" part for each activity, do you write a description of what you did (somewhat like resume style, number of hours, blah blah blah even though there is a section where you put those hours in) or write it like a PS (explaining what you learned from it and relate it to why you want to be a physician)?

I been writing as a general description but I don't really know.

I've read
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...tering-your-work-activities-for-amcas.202513/
(I know it's for AMCAS)
and it seems like it's more of a general description but hearing how people doesn't include their activities in PS because they will write it in the application, I feel like you write it like how you would write a PS.

Does that make sense to any of you?

I was planing on just saying what I did. Idk maybe someone else has an opinion on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
the AACOMS 2014-15 faq thread has too many varying opinions.