primary care loan - info

Started by kristing
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kristing

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I just completed the primary care loan application with my financial aid office (I'm an osteopathic MSIII currently), and I actually got it. I am very happy about this. I had to include my parent's info re: income, investments, and bank accounts, and although I thought it was too high to qualify, I still qualified with an EFC of 0. I just thought I would put this out to give others hope... (my mom has quite a bit of $ in investments and in the bank).

I am also switching over my unsub staffords for this year for the loan (although the Primary care loan has a higher % rate currently, it accrues no interest while I am deferring in residency or while I am in school.)

whew.

Just some info for those who might be interested in looking into this loan...