Primary Care Work

Started by skeweddoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skeweddoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do any PMR docs ever do any primary care type of work. I was on the AAPMR site and they list internal medicine as a subspecialty of rehab. Can anyone fill me in on whether or not physiatrist tap into that market?
 
Why are there all these people who want to do PM&R in order to do primary care? If you want to do primary care, I think you're better off doing a primary care or FM residency and when you're in practice, you can let the other people in your practice know that you want all the CVA/SCI/TBI patients. Most PM&R residents I know are absolutely NOT interested in dealing with primary care issues.
 
skewdog, this topic was JUST addressed in a similar thread. look there for your answers....
 
My residency made a stab at it - partnered with FP dept and had us do 1 or 2 days/week x 2 months there. Mostly it was us giving MSK recommendations. Also helped me to confirm I made the right choice.