Primary submission date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timeless:)

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am considering submitting my DO application in early July.
I have a few questions.

1) Based on my research, it is still considered early, right?
2) Just like AMCAS, could you add schools after your application gets verified?
3) Is it true that admission committees do not consider one's application seriously if GPA and MCAT are higher than DO school averages? I saw it somewhere where they would consider the person only submitted the app to be safe.
4) Is it bad if I use the same PS, works, and activities for the DO application? Should I try to tailor it specifically to DO? (Not sure how)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am considering submitting my DO application in early July.
I have a few questions.

1) Based on my research, it is still considered early, right?
2) Just like AMCAS, could you add schools after your application gets verified?
3) Is it true that admission committees do not consider one's application seriously if GPA and MCAT are higher than DO school averages? I saw it somewhere where they would consider the person only submitted the app to be safe.
4) Is it bad if I use the same PS, works, and activities for the DO application? Should I try to tailor it specifically to DO? (Not sure how)

Thank you!
1. Correct.
2. Yes.
3. False, DO schools have snatched some higher stat students who fell through the cracks MD-wise or preferred the location/mission of the DO school. They also have the deposit system that mitigates the loss of an accepted student somewhat.
4. It is a different format on AACOMAS. Familiarize yourself with it, as well as the character count differences for the activities section. You should have an answer for why osteopathic medicine for both secondaries and interviews. It doesn't have to be on the primary.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Correct.
2. Yes.
3. False, DO schools have snatched some higher stat students who fell through the cracks MD-wise or preferred the location/mission of the DO school. They also have the deposit system that mitigates the loss of an accepted student somewhat.
4. It is a different format on AACOMAS. Familiarize yourself with it, as well as the character count differences for the activities section. You should have an answer for why osteopathic medicine for both secondaries and interviews. It doesn't have to be on the primary.
Yes, I know there are a few differences such as character count and secondaries which I would have to answer why osteopathic medicine.
Thank you!