primary vs subspecialty cert?

mdvol

Private Practice
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2003
Greensboro, NC
  1. Attending Physician
    Just got a a notice from the ABPMR that they are going to allow folks to just maintain the subspeciaty certification without the primary certification ie Pain but not PM&R if I read that right?

Benefits versus problems doing this?

nvrsumr

15+ Year Member
    Apr 26, 2002
    na.com
    1. Attending Physician
      Just got a a notice from the ABPMR that they are going to allow folks to just maintain the subspeciaty certification without the primary certification ie Pain but not PM&R if I read that right?

Benefits versus problems doing this?

I was impressed they are actually looking at saving us a little money.... Not certain about ramifications

About the Ads

Gauss

Damnit Jim!
      15+ Year Member
      Mar 4, 2002
      1. Attending Physician
        It's the first step toward making Pain Medicine its own field.

Maybe, anyone with knowledge of the board's inner workings? I've heard grumbling from the peds and NMD guys about primary recert. I've also heard inpatient attendings frustrated by spine pain being dumped into their clinics because they're PM&R

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.