Prince Edward Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twh11

ISU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at PEI heard anything lately? I know they were supposed to start letting people know if they were accepted early this week.

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting to hear from UPEI also. I was told yesterday (3/26) via email "in about 10 days time" the registrar would be sending notification.

What did you think of your visit to PEI? What did you think of the school in comparison to others?

I was actually impressed with the campus. I applied because I have family in Halifax. Im from Florida so at least I got a taste of what the weather would be like if I did attend. When I walked into the barn with the cows and horses I was shocked. I was definitely not expecting that one. Im very interested to hear what others thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually impressed with the campus. I applied because I have family in Halifax. Im from Florida so at least I got a taste of what the weather would be like if I did attend. When I walked into the barn with the cows and horses I was shocked. I was definitely not expecting that one. Im very interested to hear what others thought.

Machen, why were you shocked? Is the campus self contained?

I was annoyed with the interview style, was anyone else caught off-guard by it. It was like 20 quesitons none of which really pertained to veterinary medicine or you specifically as a potential vet student. I was ticked afterwards! BUT that Indian professor was awesome! Loved him! The odds definately seem to be in US students favor compared to how many they accept and how many they interviewed.

I was also caught off guard by the interview style! It was a behavior-based interview but when one of the 4th year vet students called me I asked her questions about the interview style and she said it was the regular kind and they might ask you about your views on current events in the US and Canada.
I was glad that I also went on an interview at Western University, which also does the behavior-based style, so i had some practice answering the questions.

The one thing I didnt like about PEI were the classrooms.

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that my friend was just accepted via email yesterday (April 2nd). So acceptances are on the way. good luck!

Machen, why were you shocked? Is the campus self contained?

Yes the school is self-contained because of the harsh winter conditions. I didnt think the interview was terrible, but maybe because my state school interviews the same way and I had an interview the year before so maybe I was a little better prepared. I was called on 3/29 and offered a seat. Very Exciting!

I didn't feel like the weather there was any worse than the weather in Northern Wisconsin, and we keep our horses out year-round. They adjust. It was difficult seeing animals that belong out at pasture indoors. And it wasn't much better when the guy showing us around said "yea, in our second year we actually begin learning how to groom the horses! really?!! oh boy! :thumbdown:

Has anyone else still not heard anything yet?

Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian student applying to AVC. As a resident of Atlantic Canada our interviews are held later than yours (in my case, May). I have heard from others that this year the interview has been switched to a more behavioural focus. Do you have any tips for the interview? Or can you remember specific questions that you were asked? Was it primarily things like "What is the most difficult situation you've been in and how did you get through it?"

I would appreciate any advice that you may have. Thank you in advance and good luck with your application!