Prince Edward Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them? I think I saw one person with an interview invite so far. I haven't heard anything yet- just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

on 2/2 i recieved a call to interview in which i declined. good luck!

I declined my interview as well, so hopefully that opens up some more space. I think they have just started interviewing and continue until mid-march. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad you started this thread, OSJ. I haven't heard anything from them either and am getting a little nervous.

My best friend's sister is a senior their and loves it (despite the freezing temps!). I am going to try and see if she has any info on the admissions time line and I will let you know.

Thanks, I have heard good things about it too! It seems like they don't send out all the interviews at once, so that is good!
Good luck! :)

I just got an interview at AVC, I was wondering does anyone know what type of interview they have, or what types of questions they may ask???
thanks

i received an interview invite from prince edward island about a week ago..

I think the interviews have switched to a more behavioral type focus. This old thread talks a little about their interviews: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=384977&highlight=prince+edward+island
Also you might want to check out the interview feedback section from schools that have behavioral interviews, like Minnesota. I think there are others, but I didn't apply to any of them, so I don't know. Hope that helps!

actually that does help, also I spoke with Andrea at admissions and she said that it would be pretty much behavioural where they won't have access to your academic portion of the application but they will have access to your animal exp, extracurricular, and also your personal statement

bump...has any more people heard anything from PEI yet? i haven't :(

hey does anyone know what their interview questions are like? i have an interview on march 3rd, and was wondering if anyone had a sample list of the questions they ask?:confused:

hey has anyone who has interviewed at PEI heard anything back from them yet? i am from the US and had an interview on march 3rd and am getting anxious:oops:

The only advice I can offer is that according to last year's acceptance thread, someone got in on 3/29. I'm not sure when they interviewed, but I would guess it was comparable to what you did this year. So, probably a while longer still. Good luck!

well i talked with Andrea and she said that dr. singh will meet with committee on march 13th and she said that she will contact me by phone probably 14th or so. Hope that helps.

hey thanks guys..that definitely helps..so i guess i only haveta wait another 3 days:oops:..good luck to you millie! hopefully we'll both get in!

What did you guys think of the school, campus and facilities?

i though the facilities were nice..everything's indoors so you never haveta go back outside to get to your classes..since its sooo cold the VMTH definitely isn't as big as UCD's but its still nice..they have everything there..they even have some reptiles and parrots and turtles..

hey thanks guys..that definitely helps..so i guess i only haveta wait another 3 days:oops:..good luck to you millie! hopefully we'll both get in!

You know its funny b/c i wasn't even expecting to get an interview call form them and one day I did, at that time I still had my interview for Minnesota. When I went for Minnesota I absolutely fell in love with the school and when I went to PEI I wasn't as impressed with PEI. On top of everything my interview date was Feb 29th and my flight was suppose to leave from PEI on March 1st. But since they have a small airport and only get flights every other day I was stranded there until March 3rd due to the bad weather. I really liked the people there, they were very nice and helpful. Only thing though is that if I ever needed to come home right away I might not be able to. So when I got home from PEI i had an offer of admission from U of Mn waiting for me and I accepeted. So unfortunately I won't be attending PEI. But good luck catty girl I know you'll do fine.:thumbup:

good luck to you too at U of Mn! I'm waiting to hear from PEI..i guess they're supposed to call today..if anyone hears anything lemme know! i want to know if they've started calling people about acceptances yet.

I got accepted at PEI on Friday, two weeks after my interview. I was pleasantly surprised with the campus. We drove up amidst the pot holes and the dirt and the snow... yeah. Really didn't expect much. But the school was really nice - everyone was really friendly. Everyone was pretty close and the school had a nice vibe. Tiny class size.

So now I have to choose between that and Ohio. Holy opposite sides of the spectrum.