You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Princeton Review Course Up for Grabs
Started by clindor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
clindor said:I won a Princeton Review course in March. It's good for a year and I have no use for it. They told me I can "give" it to someone. Let me know if you are interested (Chicago area).
If this is not a joke, I am interested. What are the terms?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happydays said:haha! Good one!
This isn't a joke. At my university, Kaplan and Princeton Review have deals with the premed clubs where they give away a 1600 dollar value to the organizations to auction off the course to raise money to at least 3 people. More recently, the microbiology class had put on a showcase where they described and organism and did projects. There were raffle tickets and things being given away there for free.
Someone won the free Kaplan course and was able to sell it for 1600 dollars if they didn't want to use it or sell it for how much ever they wanted. Or they could use it. So I believe the OP.
happydays said:I can't believe that the OP can't find a friend to give this to.
Yeah that's true. I'd go post up signs around the university if I was him and around the area and see what kind of prices he can get for it. That's probably the easiest thing to do.
Hey everyone,
I am serious. I didn't want to post fliers on campus because I don't plan on actually giving it away and I'm pretty sure Princeton wouldn't condone me accepting a "donation" for it. I would have no problem finding someone to give it to if I didn't want anything in return, and I feel bad charging my friends when I won it pretty cheap.
I am serious. I didn't want to post fliers on campus because I don't plan on actually giving it away and I'm pretty sure Princeton wouldn't condone me accepting a "donation" for it. I would have no problem finding someone to give it to if I didn't want anything in return, and I feel bad charging my friends when I won it pretty cheap.
Require people to fill out an application to receive the free course, submit transcripts, write personal statements, and go through an interview. It'll be good practice for later on!
😀
😀