Princeton Review Elite 45...suddenly doing abysmally!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

physiologist

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I prepared for MCAT using Kaplan and eventually started getting mid 30s on my AAMC and Kaplan FLs (I got 36 on AAMC11). So I bought the Elite 45 book for my summer trip to Italy so that I could study MCAT without a computer handy.

The verbal destroyed me. While on the AAMC and Kaplan exams I got between 10 and 12 typically, in the TPR Elite 45 book, I barely get two right per passage, sometimes I don't get any right. I'm kind of scared. Also, while it normally takes me 6-8 minutes to get through a passage on an AAMC or Kaplan practice test, I would be shocked to see the stopwatch read 10, even 15 minutes after I glance at it upon completing a passage.

Why do you think this is? Do you know anything about that TPR book? Are they supposed to be unusually difficult?
 
Its supposed to be hard. Some people like it. I'll probably use it after I finish my other material. Don't use it too close to your test date. I got a 0 on one of their online psgs🙂.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using SDN Mobile
 
I've found that even the tpr practice tests and verbal drills are extremely hard. I would typically get 6-8s on those and 9-10s on the AAMC material. It does make sense that the tpr 45 would be much much harder.