1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Princeton Vs. Kaplan DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ravikc, May 29, 2008.

1. ravikc

5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    hey guys okay so i am planning to dedicate my summer to taking the DAT...ive read the posts on here in regards to the mcat and most ppl are saying that princeton does a better job in terms of the mcat and i have heard that as well from various friends but I wanted to get some ideas in terms of the DAT ...if anyone can post their thoughts on this i would appreciate it - oh and this is in regards to the classroom courses

thanks - let me know soon as i need to sign up quick!

2. userah

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    seeing as how princeton review is relatively new at offering DAT course, i don't think there's too many people who can tell you the quality of the course but from someone who took kaplan, i can tell you it's not all that great. I say go with princeton review; i think they'll do a better job of preparing than kaplan did.

3. blueclue

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have no experience with the Princeton DAT books, but the Princeton MCAT books are great. The biology section is much more in-depth and the Ochem/G-chem section thoroughly explains important concepts. The Princeton MCAT books dont cover a lot of calculation type problems for gchem, so I am not sure how it is for their DAT books.

All in all, I highly recommend them.