SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Princeton Vs. Kaplan DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ravikc, May 29, 2008.

1. ravikc

ravikc 5+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2008
    hey guys okay so i am planning to dedicate my summer to taking the DAT...ive read the posts on here in regards to the mcat and most ppl are saying that princeton does a better job in terms of the mcat and i have heard that as well from various friends but I wanted to get some ideas in terms of the DAT ...if anyone can post their thoughts on this i would appreciate it - oh and this is in regards to the classroom courses

thanks - let me know soon as i need to sign up quick!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. userah

userah 7+ Year Member

Aug 9, 2007
    seeing as how princeton review is relatively new at offering DAT course, i don't think there's too many people who can tell you the quality of the course but from someone who took kaplan, i can tell you it's not all that great. I say go with princeton review; i think they'll do a better job of preparing than kaplan did.
  4. blueclue

blueclue 2+ Year Member

Apr 5, 2008
    I have no experience with the Princeton DAT books, but the Princeton MCAT books are great. The biology section is much more in-depth and the Ochem/G-chem section thoroughly explains important concepts. The Princeton MCAT books dont cover a lot of calculation type problems for gchem, so I am not sure how it is for their DAT books.

All in all, I highly recommend them.