printing the AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ntxawmx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something or don't we have the option of printing out the entire application for our records?

Help.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing too...anyone?

I printed every page of the online application, just in case. Those fields where it was impossible to read something completely, like the personal statement, I attached a print of the field from Word. I thought everyone would do this to CYA. My sympathy goes out to those who neglected to do this. I hope all goes well with our apps.

Krag

Members don't see this ad :)
Well,

I know there's the option to print the on-line page as it looks on the computer screen, but you're right, you can't see everything. Wouldn't it make sense for us to be able to print the same copy that AACOMAS will be downloading? I want to know exactly what med schools will be seeing when they receive my application from AACOMAS.
I guess that's not an option?

frown.gif

Here's the reply I got from AACOMAS today:

"Thank you for your email. No, there is no option to preview the application before printing. The web page itself is essentially the preview, because that is exactly what is printed. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."

My question is, if the web page is exactly what is printed, how are they able to print pages that allow them to read the personal statements and other pieces of information that do not appear on the screen but require the scroll bar?

I had the same concern. I finished my on line application to ACCOMAS and was not given the option to print the application in a pen and paper format. I printed each screen as it appeared on line but it did not allow me to print all of the info. in the scroll down boxes.

ACCOMAS needs some improvement next year. But they are ahead of AMCAS in terms of on line apps.

I am calling Monday to find out if downloaded apps have been processed yet.

I think that something is being done, because I went to access my on-line file, and it said that it was not available because it is being reviewed..
Anyone else get this????