prior misdemeanor and licensing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rgayle187

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Back in 2010 at the age of 20 I got a charge for possession of marijuana , the charge was dismissed after completing a diversion program . It was the first and only time I got in trouble . I stopped hanging out with those ruffians and have since bettered myself and expunged the arrest. Would I have a problem obtaining a license from the Ada or a Dea number for Cds. I know it was a stupid move and I accept it, I just want to put it behind me and show them I'm not the same person I was almost 7 years ago .

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it was expunged it wouldn't show up on your record.

hehe :rofl: you said "ruffians".

But seriously,
Ask your state board or a lawyer. Do not go on any advice from this forum.
Do you really want to rely on advice from people that may or may not know what they're saying regarding legal matters?

I know someone who had an MIP dismissed and a misdemeanor dismissed and it did not show up on the certiphi background check

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Expunged means the government has removed the case from public record. Not so for all the private agencies that provide background checks. It can stay on there forever.

My friend who got accepted this cycle was worried about the same situation. It never showed up on his background check.