Prior work experience/business courses?

Started by bbas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bbas

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the chances of a person being accepted into a MD/MBA if they do not have prior work experience (relating to business) or any exposure to business classes in undergrad? I know that having prior work experience is normally very important in getting accepted to a MBA program, but I wasn't sure if the standards were lowered for dual degree applicants.
 
I would think that atleast some coursework or experience would be prefered. I think the standards are probably lowered but they are not nonexistent. Most places they are competitive programs to get into so I think either of those would secure your spot.
 
from what I know: work experience is a plus, business classes in undergrad is iffy whether or not that matters, GMAT and MCAT are basically the bottom line when it comes to most of these joint programs it seems.