pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone havent heard from them yet? (as in still waiting for an interview?!!)
i called them last week and they said my app was still in review, and was first reviewed in dec!
its was complete end of oct, so are they just continually reviewing it every month? im not too familiar with their process, so i dont know if i should keep my hopes up, or just let it go.
everyone ive known so far (well a couple of people!) knew immediately what happened to their app. (mainly rejections...)

Members don't see this ad.

ANYONE?????:)

Don't hold your breath too long. About 60-70% of applicants are rejected without interview. Some 15-18% are kept on hold for interview Of those interviewed about a third are offered places and almost all of those not offered places are made alternates.
It is now February. Class size is 104. By May 1, double that number may have been offered places. If you are not going to be offered an interview don't expect to get that news until August.

Members don't see this ad :)
The information they gave us at interview was that they hand screen applicants and so only around 500 are interviewed each year. Of these 50% are offered acceptance (this number includes those offered acceptance after being waitlisted) to create a class of 104.

The applicants are divided into geographic regions and periodically they committe meets to decide whether to invite more people. At each of these meetings the person who is responsible for your geographic region puts forward a few possibilities. From these a new interview batch are selected but there is no effort to make the geographic spread even ie all could come from say New York. People are rejected on a rolling basis. If you have not been invited yet this generally means whoever is responsible for your region thinks you are a possible candidate but that every time you have been put forward by them (which might not happen at every meeting) there have been other candidates the entire committee prefered - possibly from other regions. It means you are still under consideration. Not having heard by this stage is not good, but it also means you have not been rejected as they do notify of this. I don't think this really tells you much you didn't already infer from your friends experiences, but good luck with the process.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of this news, but I believe that, according to some printed information from Pritzker, they stop interviewing either at the end of February or March. If it's the end of March, then you may still have a chance. I only can assume that b/c I got my invitation to interview about 4-5 weeks in advance.

Best of luck to you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What colleges are most of you guys from? And does anyone know the wait list turnover when it comes time? I think a lot of Ivies are selected to go to Pritzker and they dis it, showing for big moving class ... but hey, what do I know.

I would say too that if you don't interview by the middle of March, it's over ...

Hopeful, I PM'ed you ...

Gumshoe

Gumshoe--

According to my letter, approximately 50 people get into the class from the alternate pool & waitlist. They admit a handful from the alt pool in Feb-Apr, and the waitlist is formed from what's left of the alt pool in May--they don't want to bother ranking people who are going to decide in March to go somewhere else anyway.

I heard somewhere that people who otherwise would have gone to school in the northeast are going to places like U Chicago b/c of terrorist threats. I don't know how much credit to give that theory, though ... I don't think Chicago would be any safer than NY or LA were another attack to happen ...

Oh, you asked my school: undergrad at Univ. SC, grad (A.M) at Duke. One of my U of C interviews could not have gone better; the other, I did quite well in but my interviewer seemed to have something against South Carolina. (Because, you know, I have total control over WHERE I WAS BORN.)