Private cheaper than State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ToothBlaster

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it ever the case that a private school will cheaper than your state school (including room and board for both)? How is it possible?
For example, I was considering Upenn with the deans scholarship vs a state school (buffalo), but Upenn would still be more expensive by about $10,000.
 
Is it ever the case that a private school will cheaper than your state school (including room and board for both)? How is it possible?
For example, I was considering Upenn with the deans scholarship vs a state school (buffalo), but Upenn would still be more expensive by about $10,000.


The example you gave shows that private school is more expensive regardless of the dean's scholarship..... I doubt that any private school will be cheaper than any state school. I'm not sure which school has the highest tuition as a state school, but I think it's unlikely.
 
UPenn with deans is cheaper than either UC (even for in-staters), I think.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you were choosing between UPenn w/deans vs Buffalo, I would have to say that should be a very quick decision. 🙂
 
thats not the case for me... but im just curious if its ever the circumstance where a private school will be cheaper than a state school? if so, how so?
 
The example you gave shows that private school is more expensive regardless of the dean's scholarship..... I doubt that any private school will be cheaper than any state school. I'm not sure which school has the highest tuition as a state school, but I think it's unlikely.

He already answered it.