** Private Forum Disclaimer ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently there's been a lot of hot debate. This is healthy and it's constructive when there's no 'trash talking' and use of expletives. Recently in the private forum aka "Anesthesiology Club" we've had just that, HEALTHY discussion.

The problem in the PUBLIC forum (this one) is that CRNAs come on here and make statements. They made statements that are often times antagonizing. Although many of us despise this, it just goes to show that there ARE militant CRNAs that want to take OUR jobs away. There's a growing number of this type of CRNA. Regardless of whether they are capable, their PR campaign throws sand in the eyes of the public to equate us with them. We need to do something about this.

I want to make it clear that the INTENT of the PRIVATE forum at this time is by no means to "take over the ASA" or completely reject it or it's leaders. The sole purpose of the forum is to have friendly, productive, educated discussion among physician anesthesiologists (including residents and med students of anesthesiology). In fact, we want to create a platform where ASA members can come together to reach a solution to this ever growing problem of midlevel infiltration of our specialty. We believe having a forum like the private forum will help faciliate new ideas to come forward. Yes, there's an annual meeting for the ASA, but this is just that annual. By having discussions more frequent, we can make certain that when individuals come together "really", we can be more productive since ideas have been debated. Our members are passionate and do desire action and change for the betterment of the specialty. The CRNA issue is only ONE of many subjects discussed on the private forum.

We invite ALL ASA residents, attendings and medical students to take part in this forum.

Furthermore, the Private Forum allows an area where information can be openly discussed. Again members IN the forum are still anonymous, the only difference is that the moderator (and only the moderator) will know who you really are.

Regards,

P.S. At this time the Private Forum is NOT the official forum of the ASA. However, ASA membership is checked only to make certain one is who they say they are.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to make it clear that the INTENT of the PRIVATE forum at this time is by no means to "take over the ASA" or completely reject it or it's leaders.

Unfortunately, that's where much of the discussion has headed. I hope it can get on track in a positive, collegial manner. The drawback of anonymity is that insults and inflammatory statements can be made without consequence. I'm sure that is what has scared away any ASA presence at this time.

I think many of us would like to join the private forum, but we don't want to give out our ASA # as it may identify us. Many of us are still medical students and residents who do worry about repercussions.

Members don't see this ad :)
P.S. At this time the Private Forum is NOT the official forum of the ASA. However, ASA membership is checked only to make certain one is who they say they are.

I recall a movie called Running Scared.

I may be wrong, but seems like some posters on this forum are running scared after an ASA dignitary posted a scolding, inflammatory description of SDN Anesthesia.

If the dude is who he says he is, things are good. At least the ASA and their leaders have taken notice.

Don't kid yourself and be influenced by his opinion of this forum. This forum has reached out to thousands of pre-meds/med students/residents/attendings with a plethora of info about what its really like to be an anesthesiologist, and what its like to make your living at this job.

This is an awesome forum.

Don't run scared.

Its time to step up to the mike with Micatin.

It's down to the river card. I've made a set. Puttin' my opponent on a flush draw.

"I'm all in."

I recall a movie called Running Scared.

I may be wrong, but seems like some posters on this forum are running scared after an ASA dignitary posted a scolding, inflammatory description of SDN Anesthesia.

If the dude is who he says he is, things are good. At least the ASA and their leaders have taken notice.

Don't kid yourself and be influenced by his opinion of this forum. This forum has reached out to thousands of pre-meds/med students/residents/attendings with a plethora of info about what its really like to be an anesthesiologist, and what its like to make your living at this job.

This is an awesome forum.

Don't run scared.

Its time to step up to the mike with Micatin.

It's down to the river card. I've made a set. Puttin' my opponent on a flush draw.

"I'm all in."

Not sure if this was intended at me Jet? But definitely not scared here, because I dont feel like I've done anything wrong.

However, have I received PMs from others saying they are .... yes. Why, I have no idea and I keep reassuring them.

The reason for the disclaimer is
#1) I dont want people that WOULD have joined the private forum (ie other ASA residents,attendings) to not because they think this is some sort of mutiny of the ASA.
2) I dont want the same people to become discouraged to join because they think the private forum is an unprofessional setting with expletives and name calling and NOT an area where action is planned. Not everyone is as relaxed an 'easy going'....some people want a more professional environment. The private forum is that area.

I don't want people to think that the loud and emotional (but at times deserved) outcries of a few are the norm or representative of EVERYONE in the private forum. :thumbup: