Private Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimothyBryce

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is here a way to make it viewable to others but password required to post? That would be nice. I'm sure the info being discussed is valuable to all...

Members don't see this ad.

Their whole concept was to have discussions that cannot be seen by crnas, etc. I'd imagine that like most things, when you see a place that you can't get in - Like the Johnstone Bar at the corner as a kid, you think its a wonderous place filled with interesting people having an amazing time, then once you get in you find out its Mr. Ellis and Mr. Thompson from down the block sitting around watching golf, hiding from their wives.

TimothyBryce said:
Is here a way to make it viewable to others but password required to post? That would be nice. I'm sure the info being discussed is valuable to all...
Hey there TimothyBryce

Glad to see the interest in the forum. Unfortunately, we will not be allowing Read-Only access to the forum. One of the original intentions of the forum was to be able to disseminate information that was sensitive for ONLY physicians/medstudents/resident physicians. In order to do this, we can only allow access to verified ASA resident/med student/physician members into the forum. Again remember, members will be posting on the normal forum as well.

If you are a medstudent/resident I urge you to get a ASA membership. Look through the old "Private Forum" thread and you can see how to go about getting one. If indeed you desire to become an anesthesiologist or are interested in getting more information about the profession the ASA membership is a great start. It is also relatively cheap.

Good luck. Again, this is a voluntary forum. I am not trying to 'sell' it to you. However, just to let you know, as our intent is political activism and med education for Anesthesiologists, we have several ideas cooking in the pot right now.

Look through older threads to find out the necessary requirements. If you or anyone else is interested please PM me.

Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
SleepIsGood said:
However, just to let you know, as our intent is political activism and med education for Anesthesiologists, we have several ideas cooking in the pot right now.

yeah, you're going to change the world right here from your little clubhouse on SDN. :laugh:

i give this private "forum" about 3 months before it becomes completely boring and lame... and that's a generous three months.

VolatileAgent said:
yeah, you're going to change the world right here from your little clubhouse on SDN. :laugh:

i give this private "forum" about 3 months before it becomes completely boring and lame... and that's a generous three months.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3678923&postcount=11
QUOTE=VolatileAgent
"you need to reach the level of zen where, when someone says something like that to you, you can just laugh at them. a good, hearty, robust laughter, shake your head and walk away. that you can do this knowing that (a) you really don't give a sh i t what they think about you and, (b) you are laughing because you realize that this is THEIR insecurity speaking, not yours."

yes, i am laughing at the private forum. it was started by a bunch of soon-to-be residents out of their insecurity and inability to deal with a troll.

very, very funny (and lame) stuff. and, yes, i will continue to point that out until they grow-up and come down out of their he-man-woman-haters club tree fort.