Private Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ampaphb

Interventional Spine
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In speaking to a few residents, I learned that they are no longer able to participate in the private forum discussion.

I wondered if that had always been the policy, but just not strictly enforced, or if a change had been implemented.

In either case, what is the rationale for barring residents, but allowing fellows?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be ok with it

There was a thread in which it was pointed out that under the description of the physicians only forum it says "Available to practicing physicians and fellows who are ASRA, ASA, AAPM&R, ISIS, or NASS verified members."

The forum was set up before i become moderator and I had been allowing residents to participate - then it was pointed out to me that the above description seems to only include fellows and practicing docs. Once I took away one resident's access, I had to enforce it fairly for the others as well.

I don't know who decided the policy because I was not present at the set up. I can tell you it was some of the senior members who pointed this out and they didn't think it was appropriate to have residents on the forum.

I am an attending (20 years) and cannot get on the private forum. How do I do this

I am an attending (20 years) and cannot get on the private forum. How do I do this

1) You can't use the word "attending", you're a chiropractor.
2) The private forum is for physicians, not chiropractors.
:thumbup:

PM me or one of the other mods your name, institutional affiliation email and/or professional society membership. Also, go to your private messages page, look to your left, go to "Group Memberships" and go to "Join Groups" follow the directions after that...be sure include a verifiable institutional email address and the name of your physician-only membership organization.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=478148

if you are a chiropractor, and you said you were an "attending", that was incredibly disingenuous.....after that id really rather you NOT be on the private forum. But it's not mine so i have no say. I think we'd all appreciate more honesty.

PLEASSE GUYS, my name is similiar to the chiro but I am not one. I'm abms certified anest/pain. I have mostly an elderly population and do a lot of facet work, thus the name facet. I do agree that chiros do noy belong on a physician forum.

Warning ! Do hot use "Facet" in your name or you will catch the wrath of Sleep

facets, our apologies. some people cant seem to get out of their own way (sleep).

PLEASSE GUYS, my name is similiar to the chiro but I am not one. I'm abms certified anest/pain. I have mostly an elderly population and do a lot of facet work, thus the name facet. I do agree that chiros do noy belong on a physician forum.

my mistake..it was brought to my attention that u guys are different. :thumbup:

I, for one, would suggest that we allow residents to participate. If any are too disruptive, we can revisit the policy, ban the particular resident, or just ignore them as a group (Sleep, are you listening? ;) ). But those senior to me put up with my arrogance - I think we can do the same.

I, for one, would suggest that we allow residents to participate. If any are too disruptive, we can revisit the policy, ban the particular resident, or just ignore them as a group (Sleep, are you listening? ;) ). But those senior to me put up with my arrogance - I think we can do the same.

LOL:thumbup:

agreed. maybe limit it to PMR, anesthesia, neuro, psych, or have an interest in pain?