Private Lender Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saravs

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am a foreign student about to join dental school. You might know that I only qualify for Private loans as opposed to the Federal loans.
I would really appreciate some information on whether its safe to go in for variable intrest loans based on Wall Street Journal Index or the Libor Index or is it better to go in for the fixed interest rates?
Thanks
saravs

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Sarav
You can qualify for a federal loan if you are a green card holder or a citizen..or it is really hard to get these loans ..they do come at very high interst rate..to top it all you need a co-signer to sign your loan amount ..
Hope this helps
smilemaker:p

Are you eligible for the private MEDLOANS? These are current at a very low variable rate. The origination fee may even be zero if your credit is good when you graduate. I would take this loan if you can't get a private loan with a fixed rate of 7% or less.

Sarvas. have u enquired abt any loans ,do u know of any lender who don't needa cosignee?