Private Loan Question

Started by beebee0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beebee0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I apply for a private loan, how much hope do I have in getting a lower interest than the unsubsidized loan (6.8%) (I have very good credit and my parent can co-sign)? And if my application gets approved, will I have the obligation to borrow it?
 
It's possible, but you have to think long term. By the time you are paying a significant amount of it back in 7+ years how much higher do you think the interest rate will be? It's a variable rate unlike all federal loans and even the 8.5% grad plus.
 
I know the feeling of applying for financial aid and how stressful it can be knowing little on the subject. I found this amazing website though, that will prob. be a huge help.. It's built by Wells Fargo, extremely user-friendly, and ultimately helped me understand loans and student finance far better than any other resource I've come across.

Check it out: http://backstage.wellsfargo.com/

Good luck!
Rich
 
It's possible, but you have to think long term. By the time you are paying a significant amount of it back in 7+ years how much higher do you think the interest rate will be? It's a variable rate unlike all federal loans and even the 8.5% grad plus.

Agreed 👍👍
00.gif