Private loans for dents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preludexl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions on private loans. I've searched but they weren't comprehensive. Please share your experiences.

1. How easy is it to get one and what are their names and through whom?
2. Up to how much per year?
3. Up to how many years can you get a loan?
4. When do you start having to pay them back?
5. Any private loans deferred?
6. Are the loan rates fixed/variable?

Members don't see this ad.

preludexl said:
I have a few questions on private loans. I've searched but they weren't comprehensive. Please share your experiences.

1. How easy is it to get one and what are their names and through whom?
2. Up to how much per year?
3. Up to how many years can you get a loan?
4. When do you start having to pay them back?
5. Any private loans deferred?
6. Are the loan rates fixed/variable?

post your questions at financial aid forum, there are many knowledgeable people who will answer you

The answers to those questions are going to vary greatly depending on the loan. Some private health loans can be deferred, others can't. There are national groups that specialize in graduate student/health profession loans, and they can hook you up with fair deals. Other groups will probably take you for a ride if they can.

I'd recommend contacting the financial aid office at the schools you are interested in, and ask them for the names of the private loans that their students use.

Also, the above poster had an excellent point with the financial aid forum.

PLATO loans through WellsFargo will loan you up to 20,000 for dental related causes. For example a car to drive to school, a downpayment on a house to live in. You just have to pay the interest while in school.