Private physician shadowing for high school students

theswimmergal

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between private and hospital shadowing? I wanted to shadow surgeons but the hospitals near me have a limit to the length of shadowing and I was hoping I could shadow for a longer period of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a difference between private and hospital shadowing? I wanted to shadow surgeons but the hospitals near me have a limit to the length of shadowing and I was hoping I could shadow for a longer period of time.
No reason to shadow in high school

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And why not?
Because more than half the people in high school who think they want to be doctors change their mind before getting to organic chemistry 2 in college. As a high school kid you don't have the same "fear of god" in you about losing your career due to hippa violation and I wouldn't take you to shadow my patients.

Just get good grades, stay out of trouble and enjoy childhood. Plenty of time to shadow as a college student

Because more than half the people in high school who think they want to be doctors change their mind before getting to organic chemistry 2 in college. As a high school kid you don't have the same "fear of god" in you about losing your career due to hippa violation and I wouldn't take you to shadow my patients.

Just get good grades, stay out of trouble and enjoy childhood. Plenty of time to shadow as a college student
Yeah, fair enough. We're forced to shadow physicians and other scientists in the AP science classes so I have no choice.