Private Practice after ACA repeal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for the reasoned reply hyperalgesia.

and stim, im not arguing for extremes. I was worried that there were no limits to those extremes. I agree, moderation is key.

when I read some of arguments against liberalism posted on this board, the gestalt seems that are no perceived limits to the bounds of liberalism. I know that there are, personally, and I am not making any presumptions or arguments for those limits (ie as a liberal, I personally do not support heroin safe havens or medical marijuana or disability, for example). I am just determining if the conservative viewpoint espoused by some on this board have limitations in themselves.
In this wealthy country everybody should have healthcare. There I admitted it ...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well that is not true Capitalism then. If those who promote Capitalism really desire that, then Free Market determines the rules not the Government. There should be no Government involvement whatsoever.
You do realize that Capitalism is a many-faceted economic theory of which free-market and Laissez-faire are only a small part, right? Your No True Scotsman argument really falls flat on its face if you have a more than cursory understanding of economics. Another major issue is that a form of economics and a form of government must coexist- we a are a capitalist republic, and the ideals of our republic come before those of our chosen economic system, though it is to some degree interwoven into the fabric of said republic so they are not always at odds.

But now for my whole point of bumping this thread: repeal of the ACA means repeal of the equal treatment of mental health services. What does this mean for the future of psychiatry? Will wages drop as private insurers once again limit mental health coverage?

Members don't see this ad :)
But now for my whole point of bumping this thread: repeal of the ACA means repeal of the equal treatment of mental health services. What does this mean for the future of psychiatry? Will wages drop as private insurers once again limit mental health coverage?
Did wages go UP after implementation of the ACA?

Did wages go UP after implementation of the ACA?
The last few years have seen substantial increases in psychiatry wages. A lot of that has been attributed to the ACA increasing both reimbursement and demand for mental health services.