Private Practice - Storing Documents in HIPAA Compliant Manner

Started by deleted1129370
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1129370

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am curious as to what others do/have done regarding storing notes, reports, testing data, etc. in a HIPAA-compliant manner if you've opened up your own private practice. How do you ensure it's appropriately archived for the required 6-7 years?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like my scansnap scanner, about $500, but fast, accurate, and dependable. For removable drives, doesn't really matter as long as it's a reliable brand. Removable drives are cheap these days. You can get terabyte drives for dirt cheap. It's enough for several years of scanned reports, notes, protocols, etc.

Sounds good. I appreciate it.

I've heard of some people having only cloud storage, but it would make me nervous to not have my own copy of that data on a physical drive that I owned.

Yeah I am too paranoid to have peoples' PHI in a cloud storage.