Private practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ilovelamp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been thinking of going into neurosurgery, but I'm having some second thoughts due to length/lifestyle. How is private practice neurology like? What kind of things can neurologists do in private practice? And yes the shameful question, how much do private practice neurologists bring in?

Members don't see this ad.

I really would like to know as I'm trying to decide what I really want to do with my life and being a 4th year I only have a couple more months to decide...please?

I really would like to know as I'm trying to decide what I really want to do with my life and being a 4th year I only have a couple more months to decide...please?

As far as the salary part of your question, I just listed a bunch of broad ranges for a few subspecialties in private practice. As others often say, you should look at recent posts and/or do a search on SDN and you'll have most of your questions already answered. Here is the link to the thread and post I was referring to:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=730663

I guess I was more concerned with work hours and things like that. But thanks for pointing out that thread. It is a good one.