private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what do you mean "turn the room over". take off old sheet, put on new sheet -- done. thats the problem with ASCs. they are so used to mini-surgeries, that they are often not equipped for the quick procedures we do.

i do 4/hour as well. the more you can control about EXACTLY how things run, the more efficient you can be.

How do you "control" how things run in the ASC? (unless you're a major shareholder) As a physician bringing cases there, I have exerted some influence over a few things, but getting them to completely change their "rules" for preparing a room have been impossible, unless I'm the owner/boss.

Members don't see this ad.

the "rules" for cleaning a room after a lap chole or a knee scope SHOULD be different than the rules for our procedures. it is in everyone' sinterest to get you more efficient, for both you and the shareholders. set a meeting with the administrators. 15 minutes or more for room turnover sickens me

the "rules" for cleaning a room after a lap chole or a knee scope SHOULD be different than the rules for our procedures. it is in everyone' sinterest to get you more efficient, for both you and the shareholders. set a meeting with the administrators. 15 minutes or more for room turnover sickens me

we have an eight minute turnover rate for our scopes.

we have a one or/one procedure room asc; they are very efficient

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not have 2 rooms running at the same time if one is using a ASC?

Why not have 2 rooms running at the same time if one is using a ASC?

more staff, need a 2nd c-arm.

More cost efficient to have workers, doctor run around like a chicken with their heads cut off.

more staff, need a 2nd c-arm.

More cost efficient to have workers, doctor run around like a chicken with their heads cut off.

Bingo, plus ASC looks at staff efficiency, not doc efficiency. I have 6 cases on, they don't care if that takes me 90 min or 180, they bill the same. They couldn't care less if them moving faster would allow me to see more pts in my clinic.

Bingo, plus ASC looks at staff efficiency, not doc efficiency. I have 6 cases on, they don't care if that takes me 90 min or 180, they bill the same. They couldn't care less if them moving faster would allow me to see more pts in my clinic.

How about a small performance bonus for the staff ? Would this get their asses moving faster?

How about a small performance bonus for the staff ? Would this get their asses moving faster?

Give extra money to staff? Unthinkable!!! The owners might end up a few dollars short on the Aspen Condo if they did that...