private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryalmond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have a private practice can you give an estimate of the reimbursement rates through insurance for 30min med management, 15min med management, and initial eval, and med mgmt with therapy. I am thinking of starting a private practice next year but have no clue where to start and am wondering about these rates and hwo many pts I would have to see a day to make any money. I guess each insurance has different rates but i am just looking for an estimate.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have a private practice can you give an estimate of the reimbursement rates through insurance for 30min med management, 15min med management, and initial eval, and med mgmt with therapy. I am thinking of starting a private practice next year but have no clue where to start and am wondering about these rates and hwo many pts I would have to see a day to make any money. I guess each insurance has different rates but i am just looking for an estimate.
thanks!

Google is your friend. I think there are contractual issues with revealing your rates, so many people may not want to do that.

Just google the CPT codes you're looking for. There's also a Medicare CPT code payment lookup site somewhere in the CMS hell hole. Most insurance payments are fairly close to that...