Private school or State school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrtrainer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

Are you an Arizona resident? I know the budget crisis seems overwhelming at this point but I don't think tuition will go up that much. If you are a resident, I'm not sure that you can find cheaper tuition anywhere. Also, due to the fact that NAU has a highly ranked program, I think the PT department will not be cut as much as other departments. This is just my guess. I have an interview at NAU on March 6th. When is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
NAU interviews are pretty intense! Good luck to you both

hey pwrtrainer,

My interview is at 12:30 so I'll see you there. Unless you choose Regis of course. I don't think money is the most important factor when choosing a school. If you like Regis and think you would do well there I would go for it. Good luck!

Thank god we're not pre-meds or I probably would be trying to weed you out :) Yeah I live in Tucson. Don't stress out too much about the interview. I'm sure it will come through that you are genuine about wanting to attend NAU. Looking at the stats, there were 48 spots last year, but I have no idea how many people they are interviewing. They're only doing 2 days of interviews right? See you on the 6th!

I am in Tucson as well... I go to the UofA and am graduating in May. Starting PT school at University of Colorado in June... Cant wait!

Last edited:
ha, if you go to colorado let me know. I may be moving there in july. Boulder right?
Actually the medical campus is just east of Denver. It is confusing though because CU has so many campus'. They have Boulder, Downtown Denver, Aurora (mine), Colorado Springs, etc.

Why will you be moving there? Thought you are trying to go to NAU?!

So after interviewing @ NAU I am confident it will be fine. plus it will be about 60grand cheaper!! got my acceptance letter yesterday!!

Congrats.

Being from Arizona, I can assure you that the budget cuts will not have as much of a dramatic effect as everyone is expecting. Let's face it, this country has been in debt for more than 100 years; the government, state or federal, is not going to let a state institution go under for a "few million dollars".

Also, even if the budget cuts hit NAU hard, I doubt it would affect the PT program much. The PT program is the most elite program at their university.

Congrats on getting in! NAU is a good school. As for tuition hikes, in general, most schools have a set tuition for the entire 3 years you are enrolled. There may be tuition hikes for the following incoming classes but you should be set for your duration in PT school. So I believe it's safe to say you can budget ahead accordingly without too much worry about tuition hikes. :)