private schools ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gochi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im from Canada. Can someone please list the private schools in the USA?

I think NYU is one of them, but it has high living costs. Are Meharry or Howard private schools ?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i think i referenced this site once. A couple of the schools they list are for hygiene of post-doc stuff. but the vast majority of it is right..and if you click one of the wrong ones..you'll know it.

Hi,

Im from Canada. Can someone please list the private schools in the USA?

I think NYU is one of them, but it has high living costs. Are Meharry or Howard private schools ?

thanks

Here is your list.

Code:
1	Alabama	Public
2	Arizona	Private
3	Loma Li	Private
4	UCLA	Public
5	UCSF	Public
6	USC	Private
7	UOP	Private
8	Colo	Public
9	Conn	Public
10	Howard	Private
11	NOVA	Private
12	Florida	Public
13	Georgia	Public
14	S Illin	Public
15	Illin	Public
16	Indiana	Public
17	Iowa	Public
18	Kentu	Public
19	Louisv	Public
20	LSU	Public
21	Maryl	Public
22	Boston	Private
23	Harvard	Private
24	Tufts	Private
25	Mercy	Private
26	Mich	Public
27	Minn	Public
28	Miss.	Public
29	Missou	Public
30	Creight	Private
31	Neb	Public
32	UNLV	Public
33	UMDNJ	Public
34	Columb	Private
35	NYU	Private
36	SUNYsb	Public
37	U BuffaloPublic
38	UNC	Public
39	Case	Private
40	Ohio	Public
41	Okla	Public
42	Oregon	Public
43	Temple	Public
44	Penn	Private
45	Pitt	Public
46	Puerto RPublic
47	S Carol	Public
48	Meharry	Private
49	Tenn	Public
50	Baylor	Public
51	UT Hou	Public
52	UT SA	Public
53	Virgin	Public
54	Washin	Public
55	W VA	Public
56	Marque	Private

You can't rely on private status. Arizona for example, is a private school but you need a green card to apply. I am Canadian and would love to apply to arizona but you have to check the websites to see if they accept international students. If you are checking out where to apply some public schools accept Canadian applicants, so it's not always just about private or public.

Thanks for informing me about that, however isnt it much easier for international students, such as Canadians to get into Private schools, rather thank public schools who accept international students ?

thanks

UIC's website . . .

Can I apply to the DDS program if my prerequisite courses were taken outside the United States?

No. The College only considers candidates who have completed their prerequisite required courses at a United States College or University.

The above is an example of why it's wise to do your research! I agree with coldfish, you need to go to each school's website to check out their specific requirements.

Some schools are half private/ half public based on state's money... meaning they recieve some state funding and some private funding.