1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Privilege or Right?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bassman65, Feb 17, 2007.

?

Is Dental School a Privilege or a Right?

1. If Right

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Privilege

60 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. bassman65

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    After reading alot of the posts are this predent forum, I am really wondering what yall's answer is too this question.

If you work hard enough and get good enough stats, is going to dental school a Privilege or a Right?

I personally think its a privilege. I have good stats, have done volunteering and shadowing and all that good stuff and still never counted on the fact that I'd get in this cycle. There are so many variables to take into account that no one can be certain that they will get in anywhere, in my opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leedizzal

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I couldent agree with this more, Honestly I feel one of the biggest reasons I made it was because I never had the arrogant attitude that I would for sure make it......

IVe always been super worried bout getting in and my stats are honestly really good but I was still not sure at all I would be accepted... Possibly having the attitude that its a privilege helps and your interviewers probably pick up on that....

3. Since everyone voted for priviledge, I went for right.

4. OP
    OP
    bassman65

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    the poll is blind, fellas, so vote truthfully. From all the complaining that takes place on here about people not getting into school when they think they deserve it, not everyone thinks its a privilege.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Privilege implies dependence. Come on guys :cool: :cool: , most of us are from the US. We have our rights! We are independent, self-sufficient individuals capable of doing anything we put our minds into. :D

6. pmantz

pmantz Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If it was a right there would be 15000 seats available every year.