• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Is Dental School a Privilege or a Right?

• If Right

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Privilege

Votes: 60 90.9%

• Total voters

bassman65

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
After reading alot of the posts are this predent forum, I am really wondering what yall's answer is too this question.

If you work hard enough and get good enough stats, is going to dental school a Privilege or a Right?

I personally think its a privilege. I have good stats, have done volunteering and shadowing and all that good stuff and still never counted on the fact that I'd get in this cycle. There are so many variables to take into account that no one can be certain that they will get in anywhere, in my opinion.

leedizzal

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
After reading alot of the posts are this predent forum, I am really wondering what yall's answer is too this question.

If you work hard enough and get good enough stats, is going to dental school a Privilege or a Right?

I personally think its a privilege. I have good stats, have done volunteering and shadowing and all that good stuff and still never counted on the fact that I'd get in this cycle. There are so many variables to take into account that no one can be certain that they will get in anywhere, in my opinion.

I couldent agree with this more, Honestly I feel one of the biggest reasons I made it was because I never had the arrogant attitude that I would for sure make it......

IVe always been super worried bout getting in and my stats are honestly really good but I was still not sure at all I would be accepted... Possibly having the attitude that its a privilege helps and your interviewers probably pick up on that....

About the Ads

bassman65

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
the poll is blind, fellas, so vote truthfully. From all the complaining that takes place on here about people not getting into school when they think they deserve it, not everyone thinks its a privilege.

DDSY

Bright Lights at Night
10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2006
United States
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Privilege implies dependence. Come on guys :cool: :cool: , most of us are from the US. We have our rights! We are independent, self-sufficient individuals capable of doing anything we put our minds into. :D

pmantz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Milwaukee
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
If it was a right there would be 15000 seats available every year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.