Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Prlim Surgery in Chicago

Discussion in 'Internship' started by BasketusCasius, Apr 9, 2007.

1. BasketusCasius

Medical Student
    Hello everyone,

Does anybody have any information about which are the "better" prelim surgery programs in Chicago. St. Josephs prelim surgery year? Malignant? >80 hr week? Call structure? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BC

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member

I got your pm, thanks. I sent you one back.

I don't know the details about St. Joe's but from what I do know: it's 3 prelims, 1 categorical per year so it's a very small program. You round every day at 6:30 AM so you obviously need to preround before then. I heard you get out around 5PM but I'm not sure how true that is. It's q4 usually, q3 when a resident is on vacation, and it's q2 on the holidays.

Like I asked in the pm, how did you find out about the opening? I couldn't find it anywhere!

4. NDESTRUKT

NDESTRUKT Fadeproof

Fellow [Any Field]
    From what I know, surgery people don't preround - they round together. The intern may have to get there earlier to get vitals/lab values.

You might want to check on that. If I did surgery, I'd go to a community program. It's much more easy going - not a whipple heavy program, that's for sure.

Hi NU girl! Long time no talk! =)