PRN Jobs

Started by deleted556323
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

- Depending on the company, they may require you to work a certain amount of hours per month to stay with the company, will vary by company. I've gone months without picking up a shift before and was never told anything.
- I only do it for extra cash and usually pick up the extra shifts on a weekend, it's less busier than a weekday, so not as much stress.
- I get e-mails from the district scheduler with the shifts they need covered (mixture of weekday and weekends) and if I want to work one of them, I just reply back with the shift I want.
- For partial shifts, they usually give you the schedule they need covered, which are the typical shifts worked by the full time RPhs, so you don't see many shifts like 6-10, but if they are desperate and can't find coverage, you can ask if they are willing to let you work a partial shift and see if they can get the other rph covering the other shift to come early or stay late.
- For my company, as far as training, I was told by the PRN RPh's that they only got about 1 week of training and that's it. How much and how fast you learn will depend on your trainer and you. I was full time for a few years then went to PRN, so I already knew how everything ran.