PRN not used in a while

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone works prn and hasn’t been called in a while, are they still employed by the institution? What does one put on their resume in such a situation? Do future employers see how long you have been with the institution or just your start date and last day worked?
how should one inquire about their status with the institution or boss? At what point should one quit?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never quit. Keep it on the resume forever.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some places would remove you from their system if you haven't worked for a number of months. But for reporting purposes, if CVS doesn't call for next 3 months and I get kicked out of their system, I am putting down the date on official hr termination letter.

Some places would remove you from their system if you haven't worked for a number of months. But for reporting purposes, if CVS doesn't call for next 3 months and I get kicked out of their system, I am putting down the date on official hr termination letter.

What clues are there if they just don’t want you, or are getting ready to terminate, or nothing is available? It’s a small facility.

What clues are there if they just don’t want you, or are getting ready to terminate, or nothing is available? It’s a small facility.
Our company will terminate you if you haven't worked within 90 days- best to call HR and find out what your policy is.

If your management will not schedule you and risk your termination, you have your answer right there.

Our company will terminate you if you haven't worked within 90 days- best to call HR and find out what your policy is.

If your management will not schedule you and risk your termination, you have your answer right there.
Would it be worthwhile to reach out to management?

Is this a serious answer? How can find out if obe is still in the system?
1. Yes.
2. You could design an elaborate heist where you seduce an HR employee to find out their mother’s maiden name, date of birth, and childhood pet’s name. Then you can guess their password and hack the employee system after breaking in at 3am and Zeta-Jonesing past the lasers. Or you could post the question on a message board without saying where the employer is so that there is no possibility of anyone knowing the answer. Or you could ask anyone who works at the facility. Any of those three should work.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Keep it on the resume. You should probably take a little initiative and ask the boss if you can pick up some more shifts. Show that you want to work, and you'll likely get work. Unless you suck... then they'll let you go. Simple.

Last edited:
No reason to bump. Zelman told you that most people would pick option c.

No reason to bump. Zelman told you that most people would pick option c.
You’re underestimating the appeal of the Zeta-Jonesing part of option A.

If this is retail (big 3 letter company), they will send you an email that states that you ended your tenure with the company and ask you to fill out a survey. It took about a year of inactivity for me before I received it.

If its a hospital PRN, you should reach out to HR or the director... Why are you asking so many questions that can be easily answered by contacting your employer.