Probably the wrong thread

Started by TheEMT_01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheEMT_01

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I couldn't find this question anywhere or honestly the proper place to post it. So here we go:

I am currently an EMT, associates degree student at a community college, and looking into becoming a PA. There seems to be a couple different options of choices to take such as a bachelors degree, accelerated programs, or the regular masters program. I have been recently looking into three different schools that offer a bachelor degree in physician assistant studies and quickly became confused. Just to make it simple, can you become a PA with just a bachelors degree in physician assistant studies? And is this a traditional 4 year degree? More questions that follow is why are these programs dying down? There only seems to be a few schools that offer this kind of program. I am also guessing if you can become a physician assistant with this program it limits your job choices? I have explored some job openings and more than half require a masters degree and the other half just said an accredited physician assistant degree.

Once again sorry if this has already been posted or in the wrong section.
 
Hey everyone I couldn't find this question anywhere or honestly the proper place to post it. So here we go:

I am currently an EMT, associates degree student at a community college, and looking into becoming a PA. There seems to be a couple different options of choices to take such as a bachelors degree, accelerated programs, or the regular masters program. I have been recently looking into three different schools that offer a bachelor degree in physician assistant studies and quickly became confused. Just to make it simple, can you become a PA with just a bachelors degree in physician assistant studies? And is this a traditional 4 year degree? More questions that follow is why are these programs dying down? There only seems to be a few schools that offer this kind of program. I am also guessing if you can become a physician assistant with this program it limits your job choices? I have explored some job openings and more than half require a masters degree and the other half just said an accredited physician assistant degree.

Once again sorry if this has already been posted or in the wrong section.

This is an easy one. Yes a BS will limit you in some jobs(my first FT job was in Mississippi and I had to have a masters to keep it....easy to get via Nebraska online masters.)

They are dying down due to degree creep which is sad. My program was a 2+2 (2yr undergrad with 2 year pa).