1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

probation and malpractice

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by anon9999, Aug 4, 2006.

1. anon9999

anon9999 New Member

I was put on probation at my old institution for bs reasons (not being aggressive enough- it was an academic probation) and switched programs (and fields). Does anyone know if this kind of stuff will affect my malpractice insurance in the long run and affect my application for a permanent license?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. docB

docB Chronically painful
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No and no. The things that can happen during residency that can affect those things are getting sued, having action taken against your licence (or temp license, education license, whatever it is in your state), having a hospital restrict or revoke your priveledges or getting in trouble with CMS or EMTALA. Just having some interdepartmental action or a bad review or so on won't come up in licensing or med mal approvals.

4. Annette

Annette gainfully employed
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    But it can affect your ability to get a job and hospital credentials. If possible, get documentation to support it was bs.

5. docB

docB Chronically painful
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't think any of the credentials apps I've done asked about that. They do ask if you've ever had your priveledges suspended for anything other than med records. I wouldn't think that an academic probation and a suspension are equivalent.