Problem based learning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dganaden

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows much about the problem based learning pathways I have heard about.

I am more the traditional learner with the lectures and then tests. The reason that I am asking is that a school that I was looking at decided to change their way of teaching for the 2006 year.

Members don't see this ad.

dganaden said:
I was wondering if anyone knows much about the problem based learning pathways I have heard about.

I am more the traditional learner with the lectures and then tests. The reason that I am asking is that a school that I was looking at decided to change their way of teaching for the 2006 year.

Which school? Just curios. Usually, PBL entails meeting in small groups, talking about clinical cases, developing learning issues, then reading/learning more while at home as opposed to classroom.

Raven Feather said:
Which school? Just curios. Usually, PBL entails meeting in small groups, talking about clinical cases, developing learning issues, then reading/learning more while at home as opposed to classroom.

It was actually a school here in Kansas. The only reason I was thinking about it was b/c of where I live and the cost differance from the school that I really would like to attend.