Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Problem with Transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by hicksj2, Dec 22, 2005.

1. hicksj2

hicksj2 Junior Member

Hi guys, just had a problem and was hoping someone who has been through this could help me out.

I have a Bachelors and Masters and am going back and taking pre-reqs to try and enter pharmacy school. About 6 years ago I took Biology I at a community college in Alabama and received a C. Therefore just like some of you the best thing to do is to retake courses (especially science) that you did not do great in.
    Therefore this semester I retook the biology at a community college here in Florida along with some other classes. I just received my final grades which I will show below. I received an A in biology. But unlike the other classes it only list an A as my grade and hours attempted. Apparently they don't give me earned hours, passed hours, or GPA quality points since I have already made an A,B,or C in the class in the past. But I know for a fact that many people here retake classes to improve there chances for pharmacy school. Does it matter that I get no quality points or is all that matters is that pharmcas/pharmacy schools want to see is that I took the class and got an A. I will list the section below. Thanks for your help.

Course Title Final Grade Attempted Earned GPA Quality Points

BSC 1010C A 4.000 0.000 0.000 0.00
    BSC 2093C A 4.000 4.000 4.000 16.00
    CHM 1025C A 4.000 4.000 4.000 16.00
    SPC 1600 A 3.000 3.000 3.000 12.00

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hicksj2

hicksj2 Junior Member

Just found a bit of Information on this from the Pharmcas directions. If you look at the paragraph below in which it states what you put for credit hours earned if you repeated a course. So maybe it's the norm that I received only a grade and no credit for repeated courses. What do you guys think?

Credits*
    Enter the number of credit hours earned as they appear on your transcript. Exception: If you failed a course, enter the credits ATTEMPTED in the credits field, regardless of whether the course credits on your transcript are shown as blank, zero "0", or if you later repeated the course for a higher grade. If you withdrew from the course, received an incomplete, or did not earn credit for the course for any reason OTHER than failing, enter "0" in the credit field (the application will not allow you to leave the credits field blank).