Problematic pre-med pre-req predicament

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

studentdoktor

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello forum! Just wanted to shout a question out about pre-reqs. :peeking:

I'm beginning at my 2-year so far. I've already taken some basic gen courses, like Gen Chems I and II, and Bio I. I know this is already kind of bad, because I hear med schools sometimes greatly prefer pre-reqs to be taken at 4-year level.

However, in order to go for the majors I want, I require Gen Chem I, Bio I, and Physics I. I was ignorant of that preference, so I took Chem II by mistake. I'm putting off Bio II and Orgs for later years. However, I still need Physics I.

How will that look? Could I explain the fact that I needed it for my degree? Will they accept it?!

Thank you for your time. :happy:
 
If a school says they accept cc credit, they are not lying to you. Just be careful to use the msar when you apply.
 
From what I read, some of the schools I am interested in, so far, say I can't take prereqs at 2-year level.

However, I need certain classes like Physics I, Chem I, and Bio I, in order to even begin my degree at the 4-year university.

Would they be okay with that?
 
From what I read, some of the schools I am interested in, so far, say I can't take prereqs at 2-year level.

However, I need certain classes like Physics I, Chem I, and Bio I, in order to even begin my degree at the 4-year university.

Would they be okay with that?
If they simply don't accept pre reqs at all at CCs, you will either have to re-take the pre-req at the 4-year, or you will have to take an upper-level course that can be substituted for the lower-level pre-req. To see which you need to do for a particular school, you will have to call and ask the actual school's admission department to see; we can't give you specific answers about the policies of unknown schools.