Problems transmitting ECU Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ad infinitum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to upload my ECU secondary for 2 day now. I keep getting an error message "MIME type of file (application/msword) not accepted by server". Has anyone else had the same problem? If not, how did you transmit yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I haven't transmitted yet (I'm not done...) but I'll let you know if I have any problems. By the way, you're the only one i've noticed on here that is applying to Brody this year, so let's keep in touch. Are you doing EDP? Best of luck to you!

cheers

Ryan

Members don't see this ad :)
I did have some problems too (mainly that they switched my mailing and permanent addresses and kept populating them in the form for me) So my solution was to just print it out and send it in. (with the essay and pic attached)

rhino305 said:
Hey,

I haven't transmitted yet (I'm not done...) but I'll let you know if I have any problems. By the way, you're the only one i've noticed on here that is applying to Brody this year, so let's keep in touch. Are you doing EDP? Best of luck to you!

cheers

Ryan

Not doing EDP, but trying to get ahead of the curve. I don't really know that much about Brody other than they really like to produce GP's for underserved areas. It is really hard to argue with the price, especially if you go into primary care. You doin' EDP?

See ya around.

Ya I did EDP.

Just as a general question about the ECU secondary, how much did you guys echo your personal statement in the secondary? I pretty much had to. And also, did your secondary essay seem more like a list of answers to questions that they asked, or did you tie all of the responses together into one beautiful statement? haha. just wondering.

Does anyone know the address to the secondary link for ECU? I seem to have deleted the email containing that link.

I had the same problem as described above...and I emailed Ms. Causey about it, and she just had me attach the files to an email and send them to her. Problem solved, and it was much easier than printing and mailing.

Good luck!

Three more questions...
1) How much is the secondary?
2) Who do I make the check out to?
3) Where do I mail it?

I submitted all my info and now it won't let me access the directions page. I'd call BJ but I feel like already being on a first name basis with her is not necessarily a good thing.

GuamGuy said:
Three more questions...
1) How much is the secondary?
2) Who do I make the check out to?
3) Where do I mail it?

I submitted all my info and now it won't let me access the directions page. I'd call BJ but I feel like already being on a first name basis with her is not necessarily a good thing.

1. $60
2. "The Cashier, East Carolina University" Write your SSN on the check.
3. The Brody School of Medicine, Business Affairs, Cashier's Office, ECU, 1N-16 Brody Medical Sciences Bldg., Greenville, NC 27834

i61164 said:
1. $60
2. "The Cashier, East Carolina University" Write your SSN on the check.
3. The Brody School of Medicine, Business Affairs, Cashier's Office, ECU, 1N-16 Brody Medical Sciences Bldg., Greenville, NC 27834

no no no...

1. $200
2. Sweet Tea
3. M2 Classroom, Brody SOM at ECU

;)

hehehehe. good luck, y'all!

Sweet Tea said:
no no no...

1. $200
2. Sweet Tea
3. M2 Classroom, Brody SOM at ECU

;)

hehehehe. good luck, y'all!

Are you sure it wasn't $300? Thanks for the quick reply.

When you transmit the secondary, make sure that your microsoft word files are saved as .rtf and not .doc. that should do it. the server will not accept the files unless they are .rtf. hope that helps. :D