Problems with AACOMAS verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjs010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I want to know once and for all... Why when I fill out all my coursework and submit it perfectly does it get butchered after verification? Why can't it just be the same as I submitted it? I know several people that this has happened to.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I thought I was seeing things when the semester all changed on some of my courses to Fall 2012, when I listed them as Spring or in a different year. But I guess it's becoming a real issue?

I don't know. Last year, they left all of my stuff alone and I have 200 credit hours or so of classes. That would be frustrating indeed!

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to know why the verified coursework is different than when I submitted? anybody have a clue!?? This **** is pissing me off..I asked them to fix a list of coursework errors, and they actually sent me a message saying that it had been done, and I checked and it hadn't been fixed. What the hell is this? I can't rely on the central app service to medical school?

You classified it wrong to begin with and they changed it, or something else?

You classified it wrong to begin with and they changed it, or something else?

Well now , apparently kinesiology courses aren't "other science".. So not only are they changing things, they are changing from what the instructions say lol.

They changed one of my behavioral stats classes from math to behavioral science but left the other two as math and changed four of my neuroscience courses from bio to behavioral science. I'm sure its reviewer error. I know its frustrating but mistakes are bound to happen.

They changed one of my behavioral stats classes from math to behavioral science but left the other two as math and changed four of my neuroscience courses from bio to behavioral science. I'm sure its reviewer error. I know its frustrating but mistakes are bound to happen.

Question is... Why the hell don't they just leave it? If your transcript says its a neuroscience class, keep it at that. If I take a kinesiology class, keep it as that. Are they going to fix yours? If they don't change mine, my sgpa goes from 3.7 to 3.55. So that's not cool

It could be the way it was classified on your transcript. For me all of the aforementioned classes were listed as Psych courses on my transcript so I can understand (even though I didn't have this issue with AMCAS). I haven't checked to see what this will do to my GPA. The stats class I don't really care about because it won't affect either GPA. I'm not sure what the other classes will do to my sGPA beings I have so many credits. If there is a sunbstantial difference then I'll contact AACOMAS for an appeal.

So, I've taken one new class since last year and they said that the new transcript that I sent doesn't have summer 2012 grades on it. What? It shows up on my online transcript. This is so frustrating. ERrrrrrrrr.

So, I've taken one new class since last year and they said that the new transcript that I sent doesn't have summer 2012 grades on it. What? It shows up on my online transcript. This is so frustrating. ERrrrrrrrr.

Call the university and ask if the transcripts are final, they take a few weeks to finalize. Even if you see all the recent grades on your transcript the school might not be done finalizing them.

AACOMAS officially sucks lol. Thanks for lowering my grades *******s!

Call the university and ask if the transcripts are final, they take a few weeks to finalize. Even if you see all the recent grades on your transcript the school might not be done finalizing them.

Haha! The class should be final. I took it almost a year ago! :confused:

So, I just ordered an official transcript to be sent to my e-mail and it is definitely on there. I wanted to see for myself since my online transcript shows all my classes.

My university hasn't responded to me yet. I'll probably try sending another transcript to AACOMAS and AMCAS (out another 40 bucks for both systems). Makes me regret taking this class since it was one that I took just for fun. This is not turning into fun, lol. :(

Okay, everything is fixed. AACOMAS found the information that they needed, and I am VERIFIED! Woo-hoo! ......after I almost had an MI, lol.

i want to know why the verified coursework is different than when I submitted? anybody have a clue!?? This **** is pissing me off..I asked them to fix a list of coursework errors, and they actually sent me a message saying that it had been done, and I checked and it hadn't been fixed. What the hell is this? I can't rely on the central app service to medical school?

It usually takes a week for a corrected app to be fixed and submitted. It took a week for their corrections to show up on the app for me last cycle. It happens...

It usually takes a week for a corrected app to be fixed and submitted. It took a week for their corrections to show up on the app for me last cycle. It happens...

Does an appeal( provided they mess up even more) cause you to be moved to the back of the line? That would suck

My grades got verified and everything and I didn't even "submit" my application. This happen to anyone else?

Hi,

I got verified but I am not able to see my AACOMAS GPAs for some reason. All I am able to see is my transcript but no calculated GPAs. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

I think we will see the gpa on Tuesday