Problems with Pearson Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoPlanB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I purchased three copies of practice exams from http://www.pcatweb.info/.

When I took the test I found that it always record the wrong answers.
For example when I took the verbal section I selected A C D B C for question 15-20. But when I finished the exam, it will say I selected A A A A A for those five questions. So my I ended up scoring lower.

when I took the second practice exam, I made sure to also write down the my answer choices. When I finished the exam, the same thing happened again. It happened on every subtest. Usually it will record the wrong selections for 5 straight question with every question having the same wrong answer choices (5 straight B for example).

Has this happened to anyone? I hope this doesn;t happen on the actual PCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not for me when I used the last year exams. Can I ask you about this year tests? Because I bough 3 test last year, July 2011. Each test shows the exam date (month/year) - Test 1 (04/2008), Test 2 (04/2008), and Test 3 (05/2010). What about your tests date? I do not want to buy the same tests again because they are expensive. Can you write the dates of your tests you purchased. Thanks

Was the practice exams you purchased in paper form? Mine is online and I can only see the purchase date but I can't find a way check when the exam was from. The website says it reflects the 2012 blueprint. Since the content for biology section is different this year, I can only assume there may be some differences.

Mine is online too. You may see this after practicing all tests. I thinks only one test is the newest and updated, the other two should be the old ones as reflected in my 3 test. But I do not know which one - 1, 2, 3???Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably some bug with their system. You should e-mail pearson asking to sort this problem.

I will let u know after I take my last exam.

Also I emailed pearson they said it could be due to having more than one window open while taking the test.

When I did the three last year tests, I felt the exam 3 (the most updated one when comparing the time period) is the most difficult. How did you guy see it.

By the way, i also just email them, and they answered that there are no differences between the current and the last year, except some questions reflecting this year changes. So, I do not know whether I should buy them again or just buy the the exam 3 which I supposed to be the nearest time version.

Do you guy see the biochem questions in all three tests. Thanks in advance

The same thing just happened to me. I took the test and my answers were completely different when i submitted. The system picked different answers and scored me really low. This was puzzling, how do i then get the real results to my tests....I'm going to send pearson an email.

That typically happened to me when I went back to answer a question. VERY frustrating.
Also, the test CONSTANTLY froze on me. This was frustrating when I was taking a timed exam.

Also, I bought three tests under the impression that I would be getting three sets of practice essays. WRONG! Each practice test has the same practice essays! I do not recommend Pearson.