Problems with Printing AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried printing out their AMCAS app lately? i printed mine a couple of weeks ago, and had no problem, but i tried printing out again tonight, and it would only print out the first five pages (it cut off right where my EC's ended and my essay would have started)....is anyone else having this problem??

Members don't see this ad.

I printed it out yeasterday and it was fine. It may be something wrong with your printer's settings.

When you click on the tab to view the printed application, can you see the whole thing? I agree with the previous poster that it is probably a printer problem. If you can view your entire AMCAS, then you could save it as an HTML file or a pdf and try printing it on another printer if you can't solve the problem with your own printer.

Members don't see this ad :)
nah, i fixed it. not a printer issue, it was an 'amcas-is-loading-up-crappily' issue. for some reason, it kept loading up incompletely (i gave it ample time, believe me), but then i went and fiddled with the 'print preview' thing, and all was ok.

Why do you need to print out your AMCAS application? Are the school wanting paper copies this year? AMCAS messing up again?

I save trees and ink by saving webpages as an archival html document.

If you are using IE 5.5 and later version (which you should), then you would go to File > Save As. Near the bottom of the Save As dialog box, there is an option called "Save as type." Choose "Web archive, single file [*.hmt]" That will allow you to have just one file for the whole webpage.

I did that to my AMCAS application and put it on a Zip250 disc. That application, along with all my secondaries and relevant essays are now archived onto a Kodak CDR for storage. It will last me 100 years. By that time, I will have another mean to archive this material for even longer period of time. :)

drako, tulane wants a paper copy of amcas along with the secondary