Procainamide Backorder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else running out of procainamide? Guess it's gonna be electricity from now on for some folkds..

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. Ran into this the other night. Even our purchaser somehow didn't know we didn't have any in stock. I felt like an ass because I recommended it and then had to come back and tell the doc we didn't have any.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Aww crap, and I was just starting to make progress with my rants against amiodarone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aww crap, and I was just starting to make progress with my rants against amiodarone.
Exactly.. looks like no one has any plans to make it either so this may be the end of procainamide for quite some time. Gone like droperidol

Exactly.. looks like no one has any plans to make it either so this may be the end of procainamide for quite some time. Gone like droperidol
There's a tear in my beer from cryin' over droperidol. Best drug since aspirin.

Not entirely surprising, especially since the new data came out showing procainamide to be more effective and safer in terminating stable VT than amio.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27354046

I used to default amio all of these people but have changed to procan. Probably go back to amio once the procan runs out. :(