procedure count?

Started by topwise
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

topwise

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just curious: how many procedures (injections, EMGs) have you done or do you expect to do by the end of your residency?
 
EMG = 250 (we don't get a ton at LSU, but that's changing somewhat)

Axial injections = 500-600 (not including each separate level)

Peripheral injections = 100-150 (but maybe I'm overestimating this one. ???)
 
Last edited:
About 250 at Michigan...although I wasn't the most aggressive by any stretch in obtaining experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RIC

Emgs: 250
Lumbosacral ESIs: 400-500
Peripheral: 40-50

I am by far the highest in my class because I pursued the training. The average is nowhere close to this for ESIs.

NF
 
If you like EMG's go to Ohio State. The residents there do 1,000+ easily, and 2,000+ if they're particularly motivated.