Procedure log numbers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonofva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any utility to recording more than the ACGME minimum as a resident? The system my program uses is super cumbersome...

Members don't see this ad.

Any utility to recording more than the ACGME minimum as a resident? The system my program uses is super cumbersome...
Can be important for credentialing. Need to have done that procedure within some timeframe for them to allow you to do it. At least logging a few throughout each year might be enough, but obviously documenting all is ideal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Individual hospitals MAY have certain minimums beyond the ACGME minimum required for credentialing. Particularly procedural sedations (this one seems to have the most hospital-to-hospital variation and very close scrutiny). With sedations you may want to note, which agents in particular you are using (eg: propofol) as credentialing may be specific to the given agent.