Procedure Room Size

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emd123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How big is your fluoro room?

Is 10.5 ft by 18 ft big enough?

The group I'm going to has proposed this space as a potential fluoro room? It sound very tight to me.

Members don't see this ad.

The group I'm going to has proposed this space as a potential fluoro room? It sound very tight to me.

10.5 won't cut it depending on the total length of your table. Even a short table is tight at 11.
I've worked 12x12 and it wasn't fun. Now 22x12 and wish I had 18x15.

Haven't bought the table yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
10.5 won't cut it depending on the total length of your table. Even a short table is tight at 11.

What about putting the table lengthwise along the long axis of a 10.5 by 18 ft room? I suppose you'd have no room to pull the c-arm in and out. I guess I'm moving walls.

as big as you can get!!!!!

Last edited:

I work in a 12x12 now and it's workable but bloody tight. I think your dimensions are technically possible with the right landscaping of equipment. The things to consider are the sink, the med cart, of course the monitor cart, a mayo stand/tray. Obviously need a crash cart just outside the door and there has to be space for that. Also, forget about a computer terminal inside the room...

as big as you can get!!!!!

i had 12x16 and it had some cu-outs/soffits so the actual work space was about 11 feet, and it SUCKED!!!!

we are now 16x 17(18.5 in some of it, but it bays out) and it is AMAZING.... you need a box or a rectangle that is not too narrow.

I work in a 12x12 now and it's workable but bloody tight. I think your dimensions are technically possible with the right landscaping of equipment. The things to consider are the sink, the med cart, of course the monitor cart, a mayo stand/tray. Obviously need a crash cart just outside the door and there has to be space for that. Also, forget about a computer terminal inside the room...

Thanks. They seem open to bumping the wall out to 15 by 18 which would be better. Stay tuned.

...While we're at it (I swear I read a thread on this stuff but couldn't find it on search)....

Staff:

Secretary up front (shared with primary care docs in same office)
Nurse.
Medical assistant.
Secretary in main office to do prior-authorizations (shared with primary care docs).

Adequate staff for single doc, single procedure room? Too much?