procedures for FP docs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scube

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where and how is the line drawn on the procedures you can do in FM. I like doing procedures but also like knowing my patients. It seems to be difficult to find a specialty where I get enough of both. Could I do extra training, take on extra insurance and do more procedures than average. What would be average procedure amount and variety. Attendings and Practicing docs please comment.

Members don't see this ad.

Where and how is the line drawn on the procedures you can do in FM.

The "line" is usually drawn either by hospital credentialing committees or your malpractice carrier. This is highly variable.

Could I do extra training, take on extra insurance and do more procedures than average.

Sure.

What would be average procedure amount and variety.

There is no "average." It's entirely dependent upon your own desires and the needs of your community.

Where and how is the line drawn on the procedures you can do in FM. I like doing procedures but also like knowing my patients. It seems to be difficult to find a specialty where I get enough of both. Could I do extra training, take on extra insurance and do more procedures than average. What would be average procedure amount and variety. Attendings and Practicing docs please comment.

What procedures did you want to do?

Chances are you can do it as an FM...

Geeze..