Procrastinating to the MAX!

Started by fobinator
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fobinator

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since I've visited these forums. I've been THINKING about going to a post bac program for a long, long time now. I'm partly scared (mostly lazy) about starting up the whole process. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

I really want to go to John Hopkins - but I've been very slow in finishing my application. It's a huge risk - to pick up everything and go across country. I'm probably scared of rejection too. I don't know if the cost is worth it.

I have been thinking more and more about local programs (im in the san jose bay area), such as SFCU. I heard that UC extention is starting up a post-bacc -like program. Does anybody have any information about this?

I guess I'm just looking for words of encouragement or ideas of other options I have.

My info is:
career changer, currently a software engineer
3.4 gpa, no MCAT

Thanks!