Procrastinators?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To what degree do you procrastinate?

• I don't know how I managed to get away from my books to answer this poll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hollycozza

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who here has a major issue with procrastinating???

(and now, back to my prac reports)

Members don't see this ad.

I have my last final in an hour, I think that answers this question ;)

yes.

and now, back to my regularly scheduled article review...

Members don't see this ad :)
i am one of the worst i know... during my first stint in college, i would typically start my 10 page theology, philosophy, or literature papers ~10pm the night before they were due :(

geez... my last final of the quarter is in 30 minutes and i'm on here... :rolleyes:

Guess it depends on how you want to define procrastination...

Does it still count as procrastination if it goes up to the deadline and carries right on through? Or is that some special level of bad reserved just for me?

Tho lit papers written the night before (and very early morning of) the day they're due tend to be much more organized for me. Something about actually picking what quotes i'm stringing together, rather than just tossing in random ones that are long enough to use up a bunch of the word count.

Eep- 7:30- gotta get going or I'll miss the bus!

j.

I start most of my projects early, yet I take so many "breaks" that I always have to rush to finish things anyway! Damn all this basketball and ESPN! I'm SO not having cable in vet school!

i am one of the worst i know... during my first stint in college, i would typically start my 10 page theology, philosophy, or literature papers ~10pm the night before they were due :(

Yes! 10 pm the night before anything is due seems to be the magic hour I can actually start working. Never before. That's why big projects like my Honors theses are a killer for me -- it's possible to write 50 pages in one night, right? :rolleyes:

Yes! 10 pm the night before anything is due seems to be the magic hour I can actually start working. Never before. That's why big projects like my Honors theses are a killer for me -- it's possible to write 50 pages in one night, right? :rolleyes:

Do they have to be coherent? Do you like drugs?

I'm gonna say yes, if you don't have to do even mediocre on it, No if you actually want it to make sense or be logical or readable.

Unless you're a creative writing major, in which case, dialog is your friend.

"No, evil Prince Raymond, I will not be your mistress, no matter how you torture me."

"And if I torture your family instead? say the word and ...."

Um... sorry, been reading trashy romance and fantasy again.

j.

Procrastination is why I'm finding vet school so hard. I just never have the motivation to study until a couple of days before an exam, which always worked in undergrad. However, now an exam can involve 2 3-inch binders, which is impossible to get through in under a couple of weeks.....but I still seem to leave things till the last minute. How do I get motivated?? :oops:

Do they have to be coherent? Do you like drugs?

I'm gonna say yes, if you don't have to do even mediocre on it, No if you actually want it to make sense or be logical or readable.

Unless you're a creative writing major, in which case, dialog is your friend.

Sadly, it's a Philosophy thesis, and I'm afraid my director would notice if it's incoherent :( Now the drugs on the other hand..... :p Alright, fine, I'll try to just write the thing with no drugs. It's what I've been working on all day... when I'm not on SDN that is!

Procrastination is why I'm finding vet school so hard. I just never have the motivation to study until a couple of days before an exam, which always worked in undergrad. However, now an exam can involve 2 3-inch binders, which is impossible to get through in under a couple of weeks.....but I still seem to leave things till the last minute. How do I get motivated?? :oops:

Just think about how much you want to be a vet and how lucky you are to have a place when so many other people don't!

That should be enough.

Then again, i'm not in vet school, and if i was..... i would probably be exactly the same!!

Katie