Professional Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

witeteath

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this might be a silly question for some of you. Under "Work Experience" of the "Professional Experience", it states that "Do not repeat any activities listed in the previous section." I thought by previous section they solely meant the "Research Experience" (which is the section directly above). But i called in to make sure, the guy that helped me told me it's actually activities listed in ALL OTHER SECTIONS. And he said, if you are a paid dental assistant, it's up to you to determine whether to put it under "dentistry experience" or "work experience". So now my question is, where should i put it? i'm leaning towards dentistry experience. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't really matter in this case because either way they will see you were a paid dental assistant. It's just what section they see it in. Flip a coin!

i didnt see that it said dont repeat things...i repeated a dental assisting job :( under dental and job...do you think this is negatively looked upon.....i just thought what if they only looked at one section i want them to have every opportunity to see what i have done. what do you think?

i didnt see that it said dont repeat things...i repeated a dental assisting job :( under dental and job...do you think this is negatively looked upon.....i just thought what if they only looked at one section i want them to have every opportunity to see what i have done. what do you think?

I agree - either way it will ensure that they see what you've done. Adcoms are reviewing tons of applications and I could see how they might overlook a particular section. Regardless, I don't think it would be viewed negatively as a dental assisting job would certainly fit under "dentistry/professional experience" and "work experience."